Fire leaves South Frankfort family homeless
Published 12:00 am Sunday, March 30, 2003
Members of a Frankfort family were left homeless and distraught Friday after a fire engulfed the rear portion of their rental home.
Bobby Shepard, 53, his wife, Melissa, and their three children lost their home at 124 E. Todd St. and their belongings around noon in a fire that appeared to have started at the rear of the home near the porch area, according to the Frankfort Fire Department’s Battalion Chief Larry Williams.
“It looked like it started in the porch area with most burns around that area,” Williams said.
Bobby Shepard was also arrested at the scene of the fire for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest following an incident in which he entered the house while it was engulfed in flames despite warnings from firefighters and police officers.
“I think basically he was upset when he came home,” Williams said. “On the one hand you have a police officer who’s trying to do his job and on the other, a man who’s just come home to find his house on fire and his wife and kids there.”
For more on this story, see the latest State Journal.