February 13, 2016

15° Partly Cloudy

Small hotel fire sends 1 to hospital

Published 10:25 am Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A one-room hotel fire sent one person to the hospital Tuesday morning for smoke inhalation.

Frankfort Fire and EMS Assistant Chief Eddie Slone said firefighters were dispatched to Americas Best Value Inn, 1225 Lawrenceburg Road, at 6:10 a.m. Tuesday.

The fire was contained to a bathroom in one room, but all guests were evacuated, Slone said.

He said it appeared the fire started on the comforter of the bed. The guest took the comforter to the bathroom to try to put it out, but it didnt work.

The guest was transported to Frankfort Regional Medical Center, but no injuries were reported.

The fire was under control in about 10 minutes, and after the smoke was ventilated out of the hotel, guests were allowed to return to their rooms.

Slone said the guests were back inside by about 7:30 a.m.