JERUSALEM (AP) -- Israel's prime minister says the planned evacuation of a group of Jewish settlers who illegally occupied a West Bank house has been put on hold.
Benjamin Netanyahu told a news conference in Jerusalem on Tuesday that he has asked his defense minister to wait with the eviction while the case is investigated. He did not say how long that will take.
The settlers took over the house in the volatile city of Hebron in an overnight raid last week. The military ordered them to leave by Tuesday afternoon because they did not have the required permission to move in.
But the deadline passed without any action, and the settlers remain inside the building.