HAMILTON, Mass. (AP) -- The Massachusetts home of Syracuse star guard Michael Carter-Williams has been destroyed by a fire.
According to Boston television station WCVB, the blaze began around 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the Hamilton home of Mandy Carter-Zegarowski, the mother of Carter-Williams.
When firefighters arrived at the home about 30 miles north of Boston, there was heavy fire in the attic and around the chimney. Firefighters had to be evacuated twice because of the intense heat before the flames were brought under control by 12:50 a.m., the station said.
Family members were in the home watching the Syracuse-California game in the NCAA tournament when the blaze erupted, but there were no injuries.
Carter-Williams wasn't told about the fire until after the game in San Jose, Calif.