Kevin and Elica Duplanti and their two young children escaped uninjured from their house trailer just before it was destroyed by fire early Friday morning in Capital Mobile Home Park, 5134 Georgetown Road.
The Duplanti family lost everything except the clothes they were wearing, according to Elica's grandmother, Betty Tackett, who lives across the street from the Deplantis' Lot 99 trailer.
Franklin County Fire Department received the fire call at 1:41 a.m., but the trailer was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
"It only takes about 12 or 13 minutes for a mobile home to burn up," said firefighter Richard Conway.
The fire originated around the fireplace, Tackett said.
For more on this story, see the latest State Journal.