Fire hits duplex

State Journal Staff Report Published:

A fire at a duplex on Holmes Street Tuesday afternoon forced two families to seek shelter elsewhere and kept firefighters working for more than four hours.

Both 346 and 348 Holmes St. suffered some damage from the fire. Lt. Dan Shouse, public information officer with Frankfort Fire and Emergency Medical Services, said the fire appeared to have started in unit 348 in or around a dryer the occupants were using.

One of occupants, an unidentified young male, tried to put the dryer fire out but it got out of hand and he suffered some minor burns, Shouse said.

The male was taken to Frankfort Regional Medical Center where he was treated and released, Shouse said. There were no other injuries reported.

For more on this story, see the latest State Journal.

Want to leave your comments?

Sign in or Register to comment.