Two Franklin County residents were hospitalized today after an early morning fire on Cardwell Lane, says Franklin County Fire Chief Gary Watts.
A grandmother and her grandson made it out of the house before firefighters arrived on the scene, but they were transported to Frankfort Regional Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation, Watts said. The boy was also treated for a burn on his arm. Their identities were not immediately available.
Watts said the 5 a.m. fire started on the stove in the kitchen and damaged the living room and kitchen. Firefighters had the flames put out within 10 minutes, he says.