Paul Criswell and his wife, Joan, weren't home when a fire started at their house at 1105 Aderly Lane this morning.
Sitting in his front yard as firefighters worked nearby, Criswell said he first noticed the smoke when he pulled into the garage. The couple were unharmed.
The Franklin County Fire Department responded to the fire around 9:30 a.m.
Fire Chief Gary Watts told The State Journal that the fire started in a bathroom connected to an upstairs bedroom. The fire was contained to the bathroom, bedroom, attic and a closet, but there's smoke and water damage throughout the home.
Watts said he doesn't know yet what sparked the blaze.