Salato Wildlife Education Center opened to the public on June 8 with some limitations.
In an effort to provide the safest environment for all visitors and staff, this initial reopening is Phase 1.
Phase 1 is expected to remain in place until July 6. Additional details on Phase 2 will be provided at a later date.
The following regulations are in place for Phase 1:
• Admission will be free. Phase 2 will incorporate online ticketing.
• Salato is open 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday.
• It is recommended that all visitors wear a mask (as recommended by the CDC) while on the premises. Please refer to the CDC guidelines on face coverings. All employees will be wearing masks covering the mouth and nose.
• Water fountains will be closed.
• Restrooms are open and high touch areas are being cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day.
• The main interactive indoor exhibit area will be closed.
• Public programs and events will not take place during Phase 1.
• A one direction traffic flow is established throughout the facility.
• Please practice social distancing while visiting the center.
• Hand sanitizer stations are located around the center.
For up-to-date information, follow Salato Wildlife Education Center on Facebook.