After 35 years Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has left Kentucky poor, unhealthy, hungry and less safe.
Kentucky is 42nd in education. One in 5 children struggle with hunger. It ranks among top five states for cancer, lung, diabetes, opioid and maternal/infant deaths.
• Cut $1.35 billion from public health funds for states.
• Blocked $150 billion for states to cover COVID-19 costs.
• Blocked $1 billion bill to help Appalachia transition away from the dying coal industry.
• Blocked bill banning police using chokeholds.
• Refused to comment on use of military against peaceful protesters and blocked resolution condemning it.
• Appointed judges who rule in favor of corporations over workers, Wall Street over consumers and health insurance providers over patients.
• Stopped Senate vote on bipartisan bills reducing health care and medication costs, infrastructure, gun control, election security.
• Cut taxes for the rich, increasing the national debt by $2 trillion, and proposes to cut Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and food stamps to pay for it.
• Tried to pass bills that eliminated Obamacare, preexisting conditions and food stamps.
Kentucky can't afford to reelect McConnell.