Dear editor,

On Aug. 25 I walked into the Frankfort Regional Medical Center emergency room lobby near death.

Earlier my wife and I had been pulling weeds when she pulled poison ivy growing through a yellowjacket nest. Hundreds of swarming insects went straight for her face and quickly covered her from head to toe. I got the hose to spray her off and they got on me. After getting most of them off, we headed to the hospital. I drove. We got there, I let her out and parked the car.

Upon walking into the ER, I collapsed, experiencing a life-threatening extreme allergic reaction to yellowjackets. I had never been bitten by a yellowjacket or any bee in my life. I spent 24 hours in the ER/ICU.

I owe my life to the wonderful dedicated staff at the FRMC. In the past I have had wonderful care when I needed to be seen in this ER but said nothing. This time I chose to tell my story.

Rendell Butler

Frankfort

Recommended for you

Load comments

Thank you for Reading!

Please purchase an Enhanced Subscription to continue reading.Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase an Enhanced Subscription to continue reading.