By using this website's user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement.
Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to this website.
We want to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas. But if you use inappropriate language (even when typographically obfuscated), or make potentially slanderous or libelous comments when using this site and its features, or engage in ad hominem attacks on fellow commenters, people mentioned in stories or any employee of The State Journal we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to remove any and/or all of your contributions. If you become a problem for us or our site's other users we may ban you from using our services and websites. (If your account has been banned, and you have a reasonable case to make regarding reinstating your account, contact the site staff on our problems with comments and banned accounts page.)
We believe it is absolutely possible for people from a variety of points of view to discuss issues in a civil manner and will remove comments that foster incivility.
It is important to know that we DO NOT review every contribution made on this website. More than likely, you will see user contributions before anyone on staff here does. This may include information and opinions from a variety of individuals and organizations other than official content from this website and its staff.
We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any user contribution, regardless of whether it comes from a user, celebrity, "expert," or other source.
Responsibility for what is posted or contributed to this site is the sole responsibility of each user. By contributing to this website, you agree not to post any defamatory, abusive, harassing, obscene, sexual, threatening or illegal material, or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy this site, or that infringes on the rights of others.
You agree to NOT use this website to violate any copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property. By contributing to this website, you are representing that you are the owner of the material, or are making your submission with the explicit consent of the owner. Submitting material that is the property of another without the specific consent of its owner is not only a violation of this agreement, but may also subject you to legal liability for infringement of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
Any user who feels that a contribution to this website is objectionable is encouraged to click the "flag" link related to the specific post or posts. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so — within a reasonable time frame — if we determine that removal is necessary.
We reserve the right to remove postings from usernames which themselves might be considered objectionable. We also reserve the right to ban accounts with usernames which are in themselves objectionable.
State-Journal.com may ban any user, delete any post or take any action with regard to its websites related to user submitted content.
By contributing to this Website, you:
- Agree not to solicit others. You agree not to contribute for the purposes of advertising or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, or to promote other websites, without our express written approval, or where expressly permitted.
- Agree not to have multiple personalities on our site. Each user may have only one username. If you would like to change your username, please e-mail us. Use or possession of multiple usernames may result in our banning your user account or accounts.
- Agree not to create usernames which are objectionable, even those which utilize typographical obfuscations.
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this Website any libelous, defamatory, obscene, harmful, vulgar, threatening, tortuous, harassing, abusive, invasive of another user's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise illegal material;
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation; and
- Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, telecommunications or other equipment.
- Agree to not impersonate anyone on this website;
- Agree not to knowingly give out any private information about other users. Users who engage in the behavior of continually trying to guess other user's private information may be banned and their account and contributions removed.
As noted earlier, if this type of action is thought to be happening on this website, we reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we may know about you, including your IP address(es) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from this type of action.
Your posting of content and your thoughts on state-journal.com automatically gives State-Journal.com a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, disseminate, perform, transmit and display such content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. If you are not the owner of such content, you shall be deemed to have warranted that the owner of the content has expressly granted to you a similar license.
We retain the right to revoke access privileges of anyone who we believe has violated any of the terms outlined here or if such user is deemed a problem to either the site or its other users. We also reserve the right to ban any user and his or her comments from showing up on this Website, without notice.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to e-mail us.